Structure of the AVETH board
In this section the internal struture of the extended AVETH board is described. All boards members, including the representatives of the affiliation Telejob, are directly elected by the AVETH general assembly which takes place twice a year.
First of all there are the co-presidents, who represent AVETH, responsible for the external relations, especially with the ETH Executive Board. Co-presedents also prepare agenda for the board meetings. Furthermore, they manage and coordinate the work of the AVETH board.
The work of the AVETH board can be partitioned into 5 branches:
- One very important branch is the Politics branch, since opinions towards planned changes are formulated here. AVETH representatives within the University Assembly (Hochschulversamlung) and ETH committees are part of this branch.
- The Events branch consists of various working groups depending on the field of interests. For example, culture and arts group organizes music concerts and food festivals. Sports group arranges tournaments. And Internationals organize events and provides information specially for doctoral students coming from abroad.
- Project branch includes long term projects managed in cooperation with partners from ETH Zurich.
- Managing day-to-day activities is a very important responsibility of the AVETH board. This is the prime topic within "Operations branch". PR section communicates with the members of AVETH mainly by paper work through channels like the AVETH News and the Survival Guide but also provides internet information. Treasurer controls accounting and IT support database operation.
- Last but not least there are the presidents of the autonomous affiliations within the AVETH board to allow smooth communication and collaboration in this direction.