If you have difficulties with
- your PhD, postdoc,... project
- your relationship with your supervisor
- your stay in Switzerland
- other problems in your work environment
Feel free to contact us, no matter if you think your issue is serious or not. The earlier we get involved the more we can help. All communication and issues will be handled confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- work out a solution together with you
- help to avoid escalation
- provide mediation
- connect you with the necessary services at ETH
It is our mission to make your PhD at ETH a positive experience.
- We cannot give legal advice
- We are not going to solve your issue without your direct involvement
- We are not going to find you an apartment!
- Special units at ETH Zurich in case you feel bullied, harassed, or unfairly treated by your supervisor or colleagues
- Rectorate: links, information and documents on administrative matters: research plan, change supervisor, doctoral thesis, registration AND regulations for doctoral studies
- Ombudsperson: qualified help and mediation in case of conflict
- Going for a PhD: Joys and Pitfalls. Challenges and difficulties and how to prevent them. Thoughts by an ETH Ombudsmann
- Psychological Counseling Service at ETH
- Nightline Zürich https://www.nightline.ch/public/
- POE : support in personnel development but also in conflict situations for postdocs and higher scientific staff