Humanitarian Aid Collection for Ukraine – AVETH/VSETH collection campaign
This fall semester, AVETH and VSETH have teamed up with Ukraine Hilfe Graubünden (https://www.ukrainehilfe-gr.ch/), a registered humanitarian aid association based in Chur, to collect more humanitarian aid for Ukraine. As the winter months are drawing nearer and, due to the power shortages and infrastructure damages, there is a great need for warm, waterproof clothing and other outdoor gear. Our collection points will be accepting the following items (if you are unsure about an item, please reach out using the contact details below or approach one of our volunteers at the collection points):
– Hiking shoes, water-proof shoes, rubber boots, working shoes
– Shoe insoles
– Fleece hats, neck scarves
– Water-proof outerwear (jackets, trousers)
– Fleece jackets, robust sweaters
– Thermal underwear
– Socks and underwear (new)
– Sturdy Workwear
– Sleeping bags, tents, yoga mats
– Large hiking backpacks (at least 30 litres)
– Camping equipment (e.g. for cooking, making fire, water cleaning)
– Portable stoves
– Solar battery chargers
– Portable power generators
– Headlights, camping lanterns, etc.
– Medicine – pain killers, wound treatment, anti-flu/cold medicine, nose drops, throat lozenges, anti-burn medicine
The collection campaign takes place over 4 days and is located on both the Hönggerberg and Central campuses. The locations are SOL B4 and HXE B2, which are open from 10:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 17:00 on the 18th of October, 21st of October, 15th of November, and 18th of November.
If you have any questions or requests for us, please contact Danylo Matselyukh (email@example.com)or Anastasiia Shynkarenko (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Read about AVETH/VSETH’s previous collection campaigns on at ETH in this ETH news article (https://ethz.ch/staffnet/en/news-and-events/internal-news/archive/2022/03/relief-supplies-for-ukraine-eth-collection-campaign.html).
More general information on the support offered to Ukrainians at ETH can be found on the ETH Solidarity with Ukraine page (https://ethz.ch/staffnet/en/news-and-events/extraordinary-measures/solidarity-with-ukraine.html) and AVETH’s #StandWithUkraine page (https://www.aveth.ethz.ch/standwithukraine/)