The Scientific Staff Hönggergames are back!
The departmental associations AMB (D-BIOL), HAS (D-HEST), VMI (D-INFK), SAM (D-MATL), AV-MAVT (D-MAVT), VMUSYS (D-USYS) and PSA (D-CHAB) and AVETH invite you to join us for a day of fun competitions by departmental teams of 8-12 people in department-themed games!
- When: Saturday, June 10th, 2023 from 10:00 to 16:00 followed by drinks and BBQ
- Where: Games all across Hönggerberg Campus from 10:00 to 16:00 and drinks and BBQ at Loch Ness from 16:00 to 24:00
- Price: 5 CHF for AVETH/DA members. We will provide food and drinks.
- Prizes will be heaped on the winners and they shall go down in history.
Please register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1to8_9WMz0TWSGl6Z4ciKj7G89qxXMGIxzVOltspbPr8/edit
Feel free to register only yourself or to register on behalf of a team (please then enter the names of all team members). If you have a team you can also all register individually and enter the same team name. If you register only yourself or as a small team (less than 8 people) we will assign you additional team members.
Examples of games at event:
TSLA Autopilot v11.69 (AV-MAVT)
Story: “Elon is asking us for help with developing his autopilot software; The smartest ETH students were assembled to steer vehicles through an obstacle course. The obstacle course is a physical manifestation of the DOJO computer and the collected data will be used to train the latest version of the autopilot“
Description: Each team is split in half. One half are “Drivers” and the other half are “Vehicles”. The blindfolded vehicles are guided via commands/shouting through a maze (that the vehicles cannot see before). They have to navigate through the maze and pick up items hidden in different locations. The drivers are not allowed to step outside of a designated field. After collecting all the items, the teams with more items collected wins.
Fight for Fuel (VMUSYS)
Story: It’s the year 3000. Fossil fuels are depleted. The world has run out of non-renewable resources. Teams must work together to gather renewable resources to power their lives.
Description: Teams will spend ~2 mins at each station
- Hydropower: Teammates must lie on their backs in a line and pass a bucket of water to each other to fill another bucket at the end. Team with the most water in their bucket wins.
- Wind power: Use a fan to either blow a ping-pong ball across a table into a container or to keep a balloon in the air to reach a bucket. Team with the most balloons/ping pong balls in bucket wins
- Solar power: put together the puzzles pieces of a solar panel and connect the “wires”. Power begins generating when you finish. (Fastest wins)
- Bioenergy: Dig through a box of soil with chopsticks to “harvest” crops. Team with the most crops wins.